- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 cup fresh shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup Paleo Breadcrumbs (see recipe here: http://tracyspaleojourney.blogspot.com/2014/02/paleo-breadcrumbs.html?m=0)
- 2 Eggs or Egg Whites
- Olive Oil
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese (I prefer Dairy Free brand Daiya)
- Optional: Serve with spaghetti squash and Sauteed Kale (seen in picture)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean and Slice Eggplant.
3. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
4. Put breadcrumbs in one bowl and eggs in another. Dip eggplant into eggs and then breadcrumbs. Brown both sides.
5. In a separate skillet heat some Olive Oil on medium/high heat and brown shitake mushrooms.
6. Get a medium sized glass baking dish and pour a thin layer off sauce on bottom.
7. Add the eggplant and mushrooms. Top with sauce and cheese.
8. Heat in oven for about 20-30 minutes (or until cheese melts and bubbles). Dairy free cheese won't bubble much, but it is done when it melts completely and gets slightly brown.
Stressed Out & Running on Empty? WANT MORE ENERGY, GET HAPPY & KICK BAD FOOD HABITS?
FREE Breakthrough Session:
FREE Super Health, Super You NEWSLETTER
: "Like" my page Tracy's Total Wellness
Tracy's Total Wellness